Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hospital Sleep Over

This last week I have been feeling amazing! I have all this energy and I am just a happy person.  I went to my doctors appointment on Thursday thinking that I would
just be get a check up and going home later.

Well, I got to my appointment. Had my weight and blood pressure checked.  My weight gain was good, only one pound for two weeks!  But then my blood pressure was back up again. 
It was 146/88.  I was completely caught off guard since I had been on bedrest as it was.

We met with the doctor and he checked it again thirty minutes later and it was at 158/96.
Immediately the doctor decides to send us to the hospital to be watched for 24 hours.
He told us that if he can't get the blood pressure under control then he would take the baby. We were both scared.  I mean an entire month early?!? I hadn't even finished the nursery, and our bags weren't packed for the hospital.

After having a bunch of tests run and constant monitoring of the baby and my blood pressure they decided to let me go home after 28 hours. Thankfully they didn't need to take the baby--they just put me on bedrest. The only down side is that right now I have a ton of energy and the last thing I want to be doing is laying around all day everyday.

I will admitt that it was kinda depressing leaving the hospital without our little girl.
It just makes us even more excited for when we actually do have her!  Hopefully its not too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment