Friday, July 12, 2013

4th of July Weekend

This year, we took off to the family cabin up in Oakley for the 4th of July Week/Weekend. It was such a nice relaxing time. We slept, ate good food, shopped til we dropped, fished, hiked, jogged, played at the river and just hung out with Austin's side of the family. It was a blast. By the best 4th of July in a long time.

To top it all off, we went to the Oakley Rodeo on the 4th, which Roo loved! She also got to see her first firework show. Saying that she loved them, is a complete understatement. She was in complete awe the entire time. ( Of course I forgot my camera at the cabin so I don't have any decent pictures of this to share, sorry!)So here are a couple of shots of our getaway when I did have my camera on me. Enjoy!

It was nice a hummid the first day up there. Every night it was thunder and lightening. We loved every second of it!


According to Roo, this spot has the only dirt in the entire world. Ha, I love toddlers!


I was just like her when I was little...naked at every chance possible. 
Cute Brooke braving the river. It was FREEZING!
Brooke and I about to head down the river. Then we saw a snake and I chickened out! I am absolutely terrified of snakes,
Watching Dylan and Grandpa fishing. Keep word..watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment