Monday, April 9, 2012

BFF's & Shades

We had such a fun weekend.  Dinner on Friday night was a blast. It was nice to finally put names to a face. Austin definately is working with a good group of guys. He is so much happier working there, then he was at 1-800-CONTACTS.  I forgot to take pictures though...sorry!

Saturday, we met up with Chas, Jamie and Lanea for lunch at Costa Vida. It was so much fun to get together. It seemed like it had been forever! Lanea is just 4 months older than Aubri. She is the cutest little thing. She waved at Aubri as soon as I took her out of her carseat, and smiled huge for the camera. It was adorable.  Aubri was a little somber the whole time, because she had just woke up from her nap. Even with that is was a blast! Love ya guys, and we can't wait to get together soon! :)




Easter was a blast this year! The Easter Bunny brought everyone a little something, we just forgot to take a picture of it. But Aubri got a teething tube, a rubber ducky, shades, and an outfit from Gap. She loved it! Austin was suprised with Reece's Easter Eggs (His favorite), two shirts, and Indiana Jones-The Last Crusade--his favorite as well.  And I suprised myself with a maxi dress and two shade shirts.  Overall, I can't complain, I absolutely love a maxi dress!


All dressed up for church. Thank you Aunt Dayna, for Aubri's adorable outfit. It was at hit!

We had Easter dinner with my side of the family this year. I have to say this one was my favorite Easter in a long time. Let me re-phrase that, it was the best Easter/family gathering in a while.  It was our first family get together since my Grandpa's funeral. I didn't know what to expect. But everyone was so happy to see everyone. And everyone was there.  Its not very often when all seventeen grand kids are all there.  We are all growing up, moved away for college and got married. (By the way, Jenni is getting married June 2nd...we are so excited for them!) Anyways, we were all there, and it was so much fun. The boys, plus Jenni, Em, and Abba played two-hand touch football. While the girl cousins sat under the shade and chatted. The aunts were inside chatting up a storm as usual, and snuggling Aubri. And I was outside playing on the tramp with Eliza.  (Poor girl, is the youngest grandkid and doesn't have anyone her age, so I try to play with her when I can. Afterall, I watched her a ton growing up.)

Left-Aubri bouncing on the tramp with Mom. She loved it! Right-Aubs and Dad playing the grass.

Aubri playing on my legs. She loves to go up and down. Don't you love her shades?

Last but not least, was the ultimate Easter Egg Hunt. I have ever seen in my life!  Taylor, Lindsay, Callie and Sam were brillant in coming up with this whole idea. Our hunt, was Hunger Game style.  Our tributes ended up all living and received there tessera in the end. It was so funny to see all their reactions to this. As Effie Trincket says "Happy Hunger Games!" The video will be posted soon--so be sure to check back.


No comments:

Post a Comment