Monday, June 18, 2012

Austin's First Father's Day

Yesterday, we celebrated Austin's first Father's Day. And I have to say that it went fantastic!  Aubri and I made him these yummy pancakes, and heart shaped bacon:


Of course, Austin loved them!  Did I mention the pancakes were gluten free?  Well, they are! And they tasted amazing without all the syrup, strawberries and whip cream! See, even Austin ate them happily.


For Austin's gift, Aubri and I gave him the Blu-Ray complete series of Star Wars. As you can tell,  Austin was ecstatic and loved it! While Aubri wasn't that impressed. She clearly was more interested in the wrapping paper.

We then spent that evening watch the Heat vs. OKC.  Aubri loves watching basketball. The first game, she didn't make a sound the entire time. She just sat right next to Austin all snuggled up, sucking on her binky.  Well last night, she was more interested in entertaining us and eating her toes.

I am sure you have noticed that she is always in a diaper, if she could, she would be naked at all times of the day. So this is our compromise. I was the same exact way when I was little, so I don't know why this is  such a surprise to us.
Aubri loves to suck on her toes at any given moment.  While I am feeding her, changing her or going on walks, this chick has her toes in her mouth. And is rather happy about it.  I tried taking a picture as she was sucking on her toes, and this is the look she gave me when she saw the camera:


As you can tell, she wasn't real keen on having me take pictures of her most joyous thing to do. But then she finally gave in for me.


This is just us watching the game. So bummed OKC didn't win. But we still have a few more games, they could totally pull through! Aubri wasn't very happy about them losing either...this is what she did at half time, when we were about to put her down for bed:


She's coming after you, Lebron. You better watch it!
All in all, we had a fantastic Father's Day.  Austin is such a phenomenal Father to Roo.  He always makes her smile and laugh in ways that I could never do.  He steps up to the plate  ch day more and more.  They are bff's in their own special way.  Austin and Roo have a ball together.  She squeals in excitement the second Austin walks through the door. Thank you Austin for being an amazing Dad! You really are the best.

I am also lucky to have my amazing Dad. He teaches me so much each day to be a better person.  He has such a good heart and cares genuinely  for everyone he comes in contact with. He puts everyone above his own needs and makes the world best chili and BBQ. I couldn't have asked for a better Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment