Thursday, August 16, 2012

8 Months


Can you believe that summer is almost over? It blows my mind how fast time goes for us now.  Aubri has had a very busy month. And when I say busy I mean, she just won't sit still and likes to go, go, go! Just like her Mama :) She is crawling machine. She follows me around the house like a little duck , its super cute and it puts a dent in her energy levels.  She is a pro at pulling herself up to anything and everything. My legs, the entertainment center, the toilet (She plays it like a drum) Austin's legs,  the bed, the door, the wall...you get the idea. Its super cute though.  I think my favorite thing she does right now is giving kisses. She only gives them to me. When Austin asks for a kiss, she gives me one instead. Did I mention she gives really good hugs?  Don't worry, Austin gets in on those at least. 

Our Miss Independent, has become even more independent this last month. She now insists on feeding herself. So I fill her tray with chicken, turkey, berries, peaches, bananas, snow peas, squash, practically anything she can get her hands on. She has stood by herself a few times in the last few days, its like she is getting ready to walk...we're in trouble.  She is getting more and more of a personality each day and I love it! She still laughs at my when I sign to her. She does know what finished means and does her own modified version of it. Its really cute.


  


So, we caved and gave Aubri just a little lick of my ice cream (She was literally chasing me for it.) Apparently a lick just wasn't enough and shoved her face into it. We won't be doing that again for a while...she was up with a tummy ache at midnight that night. Thank goodness for Mylicon, she was limp within seconds.  We've got a busy month ahead with Austin starting fall semester and getting ready to move...Did I mention that? Well we are, and we are so excited. Its not for a few weeks, but I'm starting to pack and deep clean so its not such a pain when we do move. More details on that to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment