Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rivalry Relay

The company Austin works for, Fishbowl Inventory, sponsored their employee's to run in the Rivalry Relay this year. A fourth of his entire company participated and every department was represented. Pretty impressive uh?  For those of you who are wondering, what in the world is the Rivalry Relay? Well, its a 62 mile race from the University of Utah to BYU. Completed in one day, with 6 team members.  And all in the heat of an August day. Watching all these guys do it, makes me want to do it next year..it's definitely a possibility.

Bright and early this morning, they were ready to start the race! Austin was up at 4:30am, yuck!
It was an all day event. Austin ran a little for 10 miles and did phenomenal.  I told Austin I was surprised with how fast he was for the race, because he never really trained. Just played basketball at noon, throughout this humid, insanely hot summer. I guess that works just as well apparently! He averaged a seven minute mile--amazing! Considering the hills he had to combat. Well done babe!

Team car. The barrel on top was filled with water. They sprayed their team mates while they ran. Austin said it was like getting your batteries charged in the dead of the heat, and I can only imagine how much out a boost that would give!

Aubri and I waiting for Daddy to finish his last leg.  I seriously love my girly-girl!

Aust with the Fishbowl Harley--the CEO drove it behind their team once they got to Orem.




They all did such a great job. Austin is exhausted, more like beyond that. He's been sleeping since 7:30pm. Aubri and I are so proud of you! It takes a lot to run that man miles, in this August heat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment